Frankie Bridge’s pixie cut moments and what to know before cutting your hair
Fancy a drastic hair change? Look to Frankie Bridge, who’s pixie cut is so chic we want to go seriously short. Check out her best hairstyles over the years…
So you’re feeling it’s time for a hair change – new season and all that. Have you ever considered a pixie cut? Yep, it’s short, but it’s a stylish and fuss-free style that suits most face shapes. Jessica Patching, Founder of Marla Hair commented: “It’s a strong look and can be very flattering on the right person. Someone who has an oval or slightly heart shaped face would best suit a pixie cut, but that being said, someone with a square jawline can also wear a shorter style such as the pixie cut but would need to have the shape heavier and longer through the top.”
If you’re not convinced it’ll suit you, fake it to see. Katie Allan, Director of Mayfive Hair, suggested: “Take the top section of hair from temple to temple and tie into a pony tail at the crown, then bring the ponytail down and across the side of your face like a side fringe and tuck behind your ear. You can then bring the bottom half of your hair into a ponytail at the base of your nape and bring the ends up, over your other ear to create short wisps. You will be able to play around with the pieces of hair and use kirby grips in places to see what texture would be best.” Krysia Eddery, Owner and Director of Perfectly Posh Before added: “Also think about how your new style will impact your hair colour, if you have long hair with an ombre or balayage you will be cutting out a lot of the lightness in your hair so think about that too, and perhaps, embrace a colour change alongside your restyle.”
Look to ex-Strictly contestant Frankie Bridge for your short hair inspiration. Frankie, who will be appearing on Celebrity Masterchef 2018 along with Spencer Matthews and Gemma Collins, and really owns the pixie cut after cutting it all off a few years ago. Since she went for the chop, she’s proved that a pixie cut doesn’t mean you’re stuck with just one style – it can be just as versatile and interesting as any longer style or intricate up-do. Take these pictures to your hairdresser for your new look:
1. Frankie’s latest hairstyle reminds us of Audrey Hepburn; the shorter fringe adds an edgier vibe while the colour is full of depth.
2. Paired with a dramatic lip and evening gown, Frankie’s fuller fringe and plenty of shine is a polished way to style a pixie cut for the evening.
3. Switching up your parting gives the cut a whole new look; even if the fringe is short, you can still sweep it to one side for a fuller, more classic look.
4. A choppier cut in platinum blonde is bold but modern; we loved Frankie’s transformation from brunette, and the added texture to her look.
5. A great way to transition into this look is by keeping your fringe longer. You can take the cut in phases, gradually making it shorter once you’re more comfortable with the overall shorter length.
Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.